During sales training sessions at Nealabc B to B, sales professionals are eager to debate what prevents them from selling more.
Some of the frequent reasons are:
- Quality of Product
- Customer Service
- Administrative Duties
- Etc. Etc.
Although these six reasons and a host of others are contributing factors, sales professionals are often reticent to examine what they can control.
Ironically the use of time is often influenced disproportionally by the daily avalanche of emails, voicemails, and text messages. Ferreting out the vital few from the trivial many is a very subjective process vs. any well thought out process or strategy.
The best sales professionals optimize their precious time.
Here are a few tips to maximize time the great sales equalizer:
- Develop an annual Individual Sales Plan (ISP)
- Establish a list of priorities for each day/week
- Create a schedule/calendar to keep focus (CRM)
- Spend time with 20% of customers /prospects that generated 80% of sales
- Don’t react to every email, voicemail and text unless it’s critical to your ISP
Deciding where you go and who you spend your precious time with is the best predictor of sustainable and long- term sales success.
If you have a need to optimize time and territory management of your sales organization call Nealabc for a free assessment.